Lives and works in Leipzig.
During 2005-2015 in her workshop Taller Esquina worked as printmaker and teacher in lithography, etching and woodcarving. Had collaborated with museums and art schools in projects related to printing techniques as the Aoya Kyoudokan Museum in Japan or the Picasso Museum in Barcelona with the woodcarving workshop Mokuanga to Washi on Japanese papers.
In Caracas between 1985 and 1989 studied graphic design in the IDC, etching and additive techniques in the TAGA, Graphic Workshop of Caracas. Participated in drawing workshops at the Cuadra Creativa between 1990 to 1992 and at the GAN (National Art Gallery) of Caracas in 1997.
In 1998 at the Lorenzo Di Medici Institute of Art in Florence, Italy, studied painting and silkscreen.
In Barcelona had specialized in stone lithography at the Llotja School of Arts and Crafts between 2001 and 2005, and studied ceramics at the Industrial School of Barcelona and at the Bisbal Ceramic School.
The Magazine Grabado y Edición had published an article related with her experiences in stone and plate lithography: “Lithographic Printing, key points by Maribel Mas”, Issue 49, September 2015 .
In 2017 she presents the new catalogue of works titled “Interferences, drawings and graphic art” published by MMKoehn Verlag Leipzig/Berlin: http://www.mmkoehnverlag.de/interferences/
For information about previous exhibitions and collaborations please download CV (pdf format)
Upcoming solo Exhibitions, 2017
- Interferenzen, Thaler Originalgrafik, Spinnerei, Leipzig, Germany. 23.3.17-15.4.17
- Interferencias, Círculo del Arte, Barcelona, Spain. 20.4.17-20.5.17
- Interferencias, A Cuadros, Madrid, Spain. 25.5.17-10.6.17
Group Exhibitions, 2017
- 3rd Global Print, Vila Velha Museum, Portugal
- Thaler Originalgrafik group exhibition, Munich, Germany
Solo Exhibitions, 2016
- Interferences, Gabinete de Dibujos, Valencia, Spain.
Group Exhibitions, 2016
- Open Portfolio, Bilbao international Grafik Messe FIG.
- Grafik-Kalender 2017, Hoch+Partner Gallerie.
- Ahvaland Summer Exhibition, Finland.
- Pentomino II and III, Thaler Originalgrafik printmakers, Spinnerei, Leipzig, Germany.
Solo Exhibitions, 2015
- Lithography and drawing, A Cuadros, Madrid, Spain.
Group Exhibitions, 2015
- Grafik Barcelona-Leipzig, Círculo del Arte, Barcelona, Spain.
- Körper-Raum, with S. Hoch and U. Haring, Hoch und Partner, Tapetenwerk, Leipzig, Germany.
- BBK in Tapettenwerk, Spring Rundgang , Leipzig, Germany.
- IMPRESS, BBK Symposien printmakers, Museum für Druckkunst, Leipzig, Germany.
- Pentomino, Thaler Originalgrafik printmakers, Spinnerei, Leipzig, Germany.
- AEG Art Center, Thaler Originalgrafik printmakers, Nuremberg, Germany.
- Atractive Prints vol. 3, Shibatacho Gallery, Osaka, Japan.
Solo Exhibitions, 2014
- Zeitlinien, Ediciones Tinta Invisible, Barcelona, Spain.
- Falling blossoms, Andoh Gallery, Tottori and Osaka, Japan.